When Google+ launches +Pages this fall, associations will have an interesting new way to connect members. This new social operating system has the potential to give you a virtual association community that stays with members wherever they go on the web. Unlike Facebook’s static pages, Google’s +Pages are poised to become a key hub for your members.
- You start a +Page for your association (when business +Pages launch)
- Encourage your board members, key staff members, editors, and volunteers to start their own +Pages (start now)
- Invite your members to follow the association, leaders, and other members on Google+
- Actively use Google’s +1 feature to publish your association’s web content to your +Page network
- Make sure you have Google +1 buttons on content throughout your website
- Members then see your updates and web content right in their Google+ feed… and if they +1 the content, members of their network will also see it.
- As more and more members connect through Google+, all members benefit as people +1 articles and content from across the web
Bottom line: Google+ will give you and your members the tools to stay in close touch, share ideas, and network all over the web.
Until Google+ introduces business pages, I can’t link to examples. But, start planning now… Google+ is growing faster than expected, and business pages were pulled down because the demand was so high. Once they launch, expect explosive growth.
NOT ON GOOGLE+? Use my link to request your invitation.
Leave a comment
No comments yet.